Thank you for your interest in our website. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. Therefore, we want to acquaint you with our company’s data protection policy. Naturally we comply with the statutory provisions of the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (BDSG)), the Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz (TMG)) and other data protection regulations.
Collection and processing of data
- If you access the Internet website www.jordahlusa.com or download data from this website, we will store and process information about these events in a log file. This process takes place anonymously. It does not allow us tous to draw conclusions about your identity.
- The following information is stored: Your IP address, date and time of website access, the page accessed or the name of the file retrieved, the data volume transmitted and the message as to whether the access/retrieval was successful.
- This data will not be used for commercial purposes. The analysis of this data is solely for the preparation of statistics and to improve our internet presence. For this purpose we prepare user profiles by using pseudonyms. No connection will be made between the user and the data collected. After this exercise, your data will be permanently deleted. You may opt-out of data collection, storage and processing at any time.
- This analysis of user behavior is performed by Google Analytics. You may opt-out of any such data use and processing by using the deactivation add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
- We also use “cookies” for data collection and storage. Cookies are small data packets that your browser stores in your terminal device. They do not cause damage, do not contain viruses nor do they permit us to spy on you. Two types of cookies are used. Temporary cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser (session cookies). Permanent cookies allow you to be recognized when you access our website again after having previously closed it. Using these cookies allows us to understand usage behavior to the extent mentioned above. Additionally, they are to there to optimize your surfing experience on our website. This data is only collected in an anonymized or pseudonymized form. You can adjust the settings of your Internet browser so that our cookies cannot be stored on your terminal device or so that cookies already stored on it will be deleted.
The scope of data collection and storage
You generally do not need to provide personal information to use our website. However, we may need your personal data to provide some of our services, including provision of informational material and to answer individual enquiries.
If we provide services or goods to you, we collect and store your personal data only as far as this is necessary to provide the service. We may pass on your personal data to third parties used to provide any such service. These include transport companies or any other service companies. If we perform one of the acts described below or if we want to collect and store your personal data, we will request your express approval at the corresponding point on our website:
- Forwarding newsletters
- Forwarding brochures
- Participation in promotional games
After completion, your data will be blocked and then deleted, unless you have expressly approved any data use going beyond this point.
If you have registered for our newsletter by using your email address, we will continue to use your information for our own advertising purposes until you cancel your newsletter subscription.
Data collection as a result of using Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. Google Analytics uses "cookies". It deals with text files stored on your computer, allowing an analysis of your use of the website. Information collected includes information on the operating system, browser, IP address, the website accessed previously by you (referrer URL) and date and time of your visit to our website. The information generated by this text file on the use of our website will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google will use this information to analyze usage of our website, to prepare reports on website activities for the owners of the website and to provide associated services in connection with web site and Internet usage. Where prescribed by law, or if any third parties have been commissioned by Google to process this data, Google will also pass this information on to such third parties. This use is effected in an anonymized or pseudonymized form. More detailed information is provided directly by Google http://www.google.com/intl/de/privacypolicy.html#information
Your right to information and withdrawal
You may request information about your stored data at any time. We provide this free of charge and you do not need to give reasons for the request. You can ask for your data to be blocked, corrected or deleted. You may also revoke at any time and without giving reasons the approval you granted us for the collection and use of your data. For this purpose, please contact us at the address given in the legal details section.
We are happy to answer other questions you may have about data protection and the processing of your personal data.